Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Review-What Kills Me by Wynne Channing


What Kills MeWhat Kills Me by Wynne Channing
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

After reading so many vampire themed books, I was a little unsure whether I would like this one or not. But fortunately, What Kills Me didn't disappoint me. The story was action-packed, funny, intriguing and most importantly, had oh-so-awesome characters.

When I first read the summary of this book, I was like, "OMG, the girl emerges as a vampire from a blood well!" and expected the scene to be something like this,

description

So imagine my surprise when it was nothing that dramatically dumb but actually pretty sensible. :P

The starting was OK, the middle part was amazing and by the time I ended it, I was like "NO, WAIT!! I want more Axelia and Lucas!!"

There were many, many parts in the story which were interesting as well as funny. I really liked Axelia and her quirky, upbeat nature as well as her sense of humour. No matter how hard the situations got, she got over it and moved on to become a kick-ass super vampire unlike ahem some characters I could mention(NoraEverGraceBellaetc.etc.) but obviously I won't since I'm so nice and all.

I liked Axelia's and Lucas' chemistry which (THANKFULLY!) wasn't lurrrv at first sight or anything like that. Instead, it took a backseat in the story like a soft background music.
The story itself had a strong base and not even once I felt like discontinuing it. There were so many times when a certain scene would come up and I would think, Hey! This scene would look awesome in a movie!

Overall, What Kills Me was truly commendable for a debut novel and Ms. Channing did an absolutely great job! I can't wait to read more of her books-to-come!

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. I loved the book too. It was refreshing to read something a little different than all the other Vamp stories out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true..it gave "Vampires" a totally different view. :D

      Delete

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D