Thursday, March 21, 2013

Review: The Tower by Jade Varden


The Tower by Jade Varden

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Blurb: Death brings some families closer, but it’s ripped mine apart. I wanted to convince the police that they had the wrong suspect...but I never expected them to start suspecting me. Now, I have no choice but to keep searching for the truth, even if all my relationships fall to pieces around me.

Someone is trying to make me look guilty. I never thought my mission to prove my own innocence would lead me to more family secrets. I thought I had already discovered the truth about myself. But every answer raises more questions, and everything I think I know is about to change...again.
 
I have to find the truth, no matter how much it hurts -- before I get charged with murder.



Review:The Tower was one hell of a rollercoaser ride! From the moment I started it, it sucked me into the story and there was nothing i could do but just sit back and enjoy. After each and every chapter, something new popped up twisting the story even more and my reaction would be all like,

description

If there's one book that deserves to be in the bestsellers list I think it's this one because Jade Varden did an absolutely flawless job in executing the story. Every time I thought I had solved the mystery, the story would just flip and I was rendered speechless. While the previous book was good, this one was excellent, brilliant and honestly? I can't praise it enough.

I was a little disappointed when I realized there was gonna be no River in this one, but then all the other awesome parts sort of made up for it. We get to know a lot more about Sawyer and I think there might be a love-triangle in the next book, that is, if River ever manages to get outta jail. But since Ms. Varden keeps putting a dead-end to all my guesses about the story, I won't bet on it :P

The writing style was probably the best part in the book. If the story is great, then the execution should be greater since otherwise, no matter how amazing the story is, somewhere it falls short. So yeah, the latter was definitely NOT the case in this one. The twists were not at all messy or confusing, though it did make me dizzy. In a good way.

Even though, I'm not a big fan of mystery novels anymore because I almost always guess them correctly (too much of Nancy Drew books can do that to you) The Tower can still be counted as one of my favourites.

Overall, all I can say is that this book is a fabulous, engrossing read and you have to try it yourself to get what I'm talking about. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a pretty exciting book! I think everyone should get a copy *w*

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D