Sunday, January 6, 2013

Review- Vampire University by V.J. Erikson


Vampire University by V.J. Erickson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Blurb: Constantly moving as she grew up, Taylor had learned the hard way how to blend in wherever she went. But when she moves to VanCamp University for her freshman year of college, she immediately finds herself at the center of attention of nearly everyone she encounters. From the charismatic and mysterious Evans twins, to her quirky, clingy roommate Hannah, it seems that the people in Taylor's new college life have no intention of letting her be the wallflower.

It's not just blending in that Taylor has to worry about, though. At VanCamp University, there is more to the staff and students than meets the eye. While trying to adjust to her new life on campus, she finds herself in a world where fairy tales and reality collide, where gargoyles and leprechauns mingle with humans and vampires, and where nothing is as it first appears.

And as she discovers the truth of her own unusual heritage, Taylor learns that fairy tales are just the beginning.


My Review: Vampire University was short and quick. I expected a bit more from this novel, but nonetheless, it was good enough for a one-time read.

The story was interesting and the moment I started it, I was eager to read more. It had my full interest for a while but the pace was just so faaaaaaaaaaaast! One moment Taylor is entering the VanCamp University and in the next she has already started fighting the main villain of the story. It was good but I wish there was some more...material in it.

Taylor came off as a snob in the beginning, quite frankly. But later when she she developed her powers, I started liking her. Hannah was my favourite character in this book. She seemed to be the most sensible of all and I would definitely love to read about her story.

Though there was no romance in this book, the action was plenty. I didn't even realize I'd finished the book until I'd actually finished it. Overall, this would be enjoyed by vampire-lovers since it provides another fresh outlook on our dear blood-suckers but I would definitely not prefer to spend my money on such a short story, which is why I bought it for FREE on Amazon! OK, I'm too lazy to post the link here but you're free to check it out if you want. ;)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D