Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review for Keeping The Moon by Sarah Dessen


Keeping the MoonKeeping the Moon by Sarah Dessen
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Keeping The Moon was short, sweet and like all other Dessen books, had that "wise" message in the end.

This book was just so normal and plain and..normal. Yet for some reason once I started reading it, I couldn't stop. See, that's always the case when I read any Sarah Dessen books. They're like music which makes you wanna just leave everything else and get into the flow. The messages that's always there in her books are so wonderful and we can always expect to learn something important while reading her books.

Anyway, coming back to this book, I really liked the way Colie slowly changed from a shy, always hiding and cowering sort of a girl to a confident, beautiful and sure person. The insecurities she had is actually pretty common for us teenagers. I felt like I could really understand her.

Personally, my favourite character in this book was Isabel. She might come off as snarky in the beginning but in the end, I don't think anyone could help but love her.
She was the one who took the initiative of transforming Colie and supporting her in her own ways. Isabel made me believe that if other people make you feel inferior, its not because they want you to become the target. It's you who's letting them do that to you.

The saying, "Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent" has been nicely put up in this story and, and I abso-abso-absolutely loved eet!! :D

View all my reviews

2 comments:

  1. This is one of the only Sarah Dessen books that I haven't read! Your review has just reminded me that I need to read this book soon.. Thanks for the review. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it just as much as I did! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D