Saturday, June 30, 2012

Review for Two-Way Street


Two-Way StreetTwo-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Two-Way Street was a fast-paced, interesting read. There were many parts which I figured out before they were actually supposed to be figured out. So yeah, some of the surprise element was already gone by the time I reached the second-half of the book.

However, I absolutely loved the way Lauren Barnholdt executed this story. It was fun, light and most importantly, quick. Its so irritating when you have to skip pages again and again in a book when the story isn't going anywhere. Thankfully, it didn't happen in this one. I don't think I even thought of skipping even a single para, and that's saying a lot since I'm an expert on skipping words/paras/pages. You name it.

Courtney and Jordan were a pretty cute couple and I guess, near-perfect for each other. I really liked Jordan and even though it was hard not to roll my eyes for his reason for breaking up with Courtney and hiding "the secret" from her, I still couldn't help but love him for his constant devotion for Courtney. Ok, that might also be because of the fact that I'm a sucker for protective, sweet, caring guys :p

As for Courtney, honestly, I found her a little dumb. I mean, wearing skimpy clothes just to make your ex jealous and then blaming him for something he didn't even do, was annoying. I just couldn't get her for some reason. It was like she had a mild case of multiple personality disorder. Seriously. But that doesn't mean I absolutely disliked her. She was sweet and nice and sometimes even showed some traits of a strong personality.

Even though the stories are totally different, I still kept relating Courtney and Jordan with this movie-->
description

As a whole, the story can be read atleast once :)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! Post one here, and I'll definitely reply back. :D